Daily Memory Verse: “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
(Romans 15:13 NASB).” http://bible.com/100/rom.15.13.NASB
Bible reading for the day: John 13
- John 13:3-5 NASB: “Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come forth from God and was going back to God, got up from supper, and laid aside His garments; and taking a towel, He girded Himself. Then He poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.”
- John 13:20 NASB: “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”
- John 13:34-35 NLT: “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”
- John 13:38 NLT: “Jesus answered, “Die for me? I tell you the truth, Peter—before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will deny three times that you even know me.
- Even though Jesus knew that all things had been given to Him, He still showed humility by washing the feet of his disciples. This is what Philippians 2:5-8 says:“Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”
- Jesus asked us to follow His example of humility. God will bless us for doing so. Jesus’ humility caused. God the Father to give Jesus a name that is above every other name (Philippians 2:9-11).
- Loving our brethren is a sign that we are Jesus’ disciples (v 34,35).
- Jesus predicted that Peter would betray Him by denying Him 3 times and he did (v 38).
O Lord please may I bear the fruits of humility and love. May the name of Jesus be exalted in my life and on the earth even today and forever more. In Jesus, ‘ name. Amen.
Please like, comment, share and subscribe. And stay connected:
This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. (1 Timothy 1:15 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.