Today, we are looking at the last chapter of Joshua and for the next 5 days, we are going to be reading a few chapters in Psalms and Proverbs. After that, we will move on to the book of Judges.
Daily Memory Verse: “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might (Ephesians 6:10 NASB).” http://bible.com/100/eph.6.10.NASB
- Joshua 24:13 NASB: “I gave you a land on which you had not labored, and cities which you had not built, and you have lived in them; you are eating of vineyards and olive groves which you did not plant.”
- Joshua 24:14 NASB: “Now, therefore, fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord .”
- Joshua 24:15 NASB: “If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord .”
- Joshua 24:31 NASB: “Israel served the Lord all the days of Joshua and all the days of the elders who survived Joshua, and had known all the deeds of the Lord which He had done for Israel.”
- Joshua gathered all the leaders before him and recounts the history of Israel starting all the way from Abraham and his father up till the present day.
- Joshua asked them to make a choice between serving God or other gods and they chose God. He however doubted their ability to follow through and they erected a stone as a witness/memorial to their commitment. This practice was common in those days.
- Joshua and Eleazar eventually died and were buried. Joseph’s burial was also mentioned.
Today’s Prayer: I choose to serve you O Lord my God. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Please like, comment, share and subscribe. And stay connected:
This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. (1 Timothy 1:15 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.