Daily Memory Verse: “For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing (James 3:16 NASB).” http://bible.com/100/jas.3.16.NASB
Bible reading for the day: Psalms 16 & 17
- Psalms 16:5-6 NLT: Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!
- Psalms 16:7 NLT: I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.
- Psalms 16:11 NASB: You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
- Psalms 17:3,8 NASB: “You have tried my heart; You have visited me by night; You have tested me and You find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress. Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Your wings.”
- Selecting ‘notable’ verses when reading through the Psalms is quote difficult as every verse is ‘loaded’.
- In these two chapters, David talks about many things but the thing that struck me most was that he said God had tried him and found nothing wrong. I was going to say, ‘yeah right’ because we all sin as humans but I noticed that he repeated this theme many times in the book of Psalms. When he did sin, he also prayed to God for forgiveness. Is it really possible to be blameless before God?
Lord please forgive me and purify my heart. May I be led by your Spirit. May I be pure and blameless before you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Please comment and subscribe. And stay connected:
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. (Phillipians 3:12 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.