Daily memory verse: ” He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together. Christ is also the head of the church, which is his body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So he is first in everything.
(Colossians 1:17-18 NLT)”. http://bible.com/116/col.1.17-18.NLT
- Deuteronomy 20:17, 18 NLT: “You must completely destroy the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, just as the Lord your God has commanded you. This will prevent the people of the land from teaching you to imitate their detestable customs in the worship of their gods, which would cause you to sin deeply against the Lord your God.”
- Deuteronomy 20:19 NLT: “When you are attacking a town and the war drags on, you must not cut down the trees with your axes. You may eat the fruit, but do not cut down the trees. Are the trees your enemies, that you should attack them?”
- In the new covenant, God doesn’t expect us to kill non-Christians but He wants us to live differently from them.
- Deuteronomy 20:19 NLT This verse made me chuckle when I read, “Are the trees your enemies?”
- Before setting out to war, the priest was expected to build up the morale of the troops.
- Afterwards, their commander would ask for individuals who had just built a house, planted a vineyard or gotten engaged to go home. Every soldier knows that each time he goes to war, he might never return. God knew this and He wanted them to enjoy their most recent blessings.
- The commander also asked the men who were feeling fearful to return home. Fear is contagious and one anxious soldier can lead to a bunch of anxious soldiers.
Please comment and subscribe. And stay connected:
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. (Phillipians 3:12 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.