Daily Memory Verse: “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.’ (John 7:38 NASB).” http://bible.com/100/jhn.7.38.NASB
Bible reading for the day: Psalm 19
- Psalms 19:1 NASB: “The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.”
- Psalms 19:7, 10-11 NASB: The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, by them Your servant is warned; In keeping them there is great reward.
- Psalms 19:13 NASB: “Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous sins; Let them not rule over me; Then I will be blameless, And I shall be acquitted of great transgression.”
- It was pretty difficult choosing ‘notable’ verses for this chapter because every verse is loaded with meaning.
- The chapter opens by describing the things God has created testifying of God’s power and existence. The next section of verses talks about the benefits of God’s word and the fear of Him. The one benefit that stood out to me was God’s word reviving your soul. Sometimes, you just feel tired inside and you need a fresh kick. God’s word has the capacity to do just that and more.
- God’s word also makes us wise.
Today’s Prayer: Please keep me back from arrogant sins; Let them not rule over me. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord , my rock and my Redeemer. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Please like, comment, share and subscribe. And stay connected:
This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. (1 Timothy 1:15 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.