Hello dear people! Welcome to September! I hope you have been enjoying these daily inspirational posts? This month, our Bible reading will be through the book of John. Please join me on this journey!
Daily Memory Verse: “Cast your burden on the Lord , and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. (Psalms 55:22 ESV).” http://bible.com/59/psa.55.22.ESV
- John 2:4-5 NLT: “Dear woman, that’s not our problem,” Jesus replied. “My time has not yet come.” But his mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
- John 2:11 NLT: This miraculous sign at Cana in Galilee was the first time Jesus revealed his glory. And his disciples believed in him.
- John 2:15-16 NLT: Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers’ coins over the floor, and turned over their tables. Then, going over to the people who sold doves, he told them, “Get these things out of here. Stop turning my Father’s house into a marketplace!”
- John 2:24,25 NLT: But Jesus didn’t trust them, because he knew all about people. No one needed to tell him about human nature, for he knew what was in each person’s heart.
- John 2 talks about Jesus’ first miracle: turning water into wine.
- Later on, Jesus goes to Jerusalem for the passover celebration and he gets really angry when He sees that God’s house was turned into a market place. Are we making God’s house a market place even today?
- His action was in fulfilment of prophecy: “Then his disciples remembered this prophecy from the Scriptures: “Passion for God’s house will consume me.”(John 2:17 NLT).”
- Jesus talked about rebuilding the temple in 3 days, He was actually talking about Himself: He would die and be raised from the dead after 3 days (v 19-22).
- People are always looking for signs to enable them believe God (v 18,23). However, He wants us to just believe. Signs are stumbling blocks to believing God’s Word.
Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. It is foolish to the Jews, who ask for signs from heaven. And it is foolish to the Greeks, who seek human wisdom. So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense. But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God (1 Corinthians 1:21-24 NLT emphasis mine).”
Please comment and subscribe. And stay connected:
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. (Phillipians 3:12 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.