Daily Memory Verse: “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well (Psalms 139:13-14 ESV).” http://bible.com/59/psa.139.13-14.esv
- Joshua 6:10-11, 16-17 NLT: ““Do not shout; do not even talk,” Joshua commanded. “Not a single word from any of you until I tell you to shout. Then shout!” So the Ark of the LORD was carried around the town once that day, and then everyone returned to spend the night in the camp….The seventh time around, as the priests sounded the long blast on their horns, Joshua commanded the people, “Shout! For the LORD has given you the town! Jericho and everything in it must be completely destroyed as an offering to the LORD. Only Rahab the prostitute and the others in her house will be spared, for she protected our spies.”
- Joshua 6:22-23, 25 NLT: “Meanwhile, Joshua said to the two spies, “Keep your promise. Go to the prostitute’s house and bring her out, along with all her family.” The men who had been spies went in and brought out Rahab, her father, mother, brothers, and all the other relatives who were with her. They moved her whole family to a safe place near the camp of Israel. So Joshua spared Rahab the prostitute and her relatives who were with her in the house, because she had hidden the spies Joshua sent to Jericho. And she lives among the Israelites to this day.”
- Joshua 6:27 NLT: “So the LORD was with Joshua, and his reputation spread throughout the land.”
- The Israelites were instructed by God to walk around the city of Jericho for 7 days. For the first six days, they were to walk around it once each day with the priests leading the procession blowing their horns. On the seventh day, they were to walk around it seven times with the priests still blowing on their horns. At the end of the seventh march, the priests would give one big blast and the people were to respond with a big shout. God told them that this would bring down the city’s wall.
- Joshua ensured that the promise made to Rahab was kept.
- Joshua invoked a curse on anyone who would rebuild Jericho.
- God was with Joshua.
Today’s Prayer: I praise you o Lord because you are faithful and always keep your promises. I pray that you will always be with me in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Please like, comment, share and subscribe. And stay connected:
- Facebook page (Inspiration and Lifestyle) || Instagram || Pinterest || Twitter || Inspiration and Lifestyle (Periscope & Snapchat) || Hair Blog (thesizzlingmommy.com) || Medical Training Blog
This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. (1 Timothy 1:15 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.