Daily Memory Verse: “for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God (Romans 14:11 ESV).” http://bible.com/59/rom.14.11.ESV
Bible reading for the day:
- John 7:5 NLT: “For even his brothers didn’t believe in him.”
- John 7:13 NLT: “But no one had the courage to speak favorably about him in public, for they were afraid of getting in trouble with the Jewish leaders.”
- John 7:15 NLT: “The people were surprised when they heard him. “How does he know so much when he hasn’t been trained?” they asked.
- John 7:16, 18 NLT: “So Jesus told them, “My message is not my own; it comes from God who sent me. Those who speak for themselves want glory only for themselves, but a person who seeks to honor the one who sent him speaks truth, not lies.”
- John 7:24 NLT:” Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly.”
- John 7:30 NLT: “Then the leaders tried to arrest him; but no one laid a hand on him, because his time had not yet come.”
- John 7:37-38 NASB: “Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'”
- Jesus’ brothers made fun of him. They had grown up with him and all of a sudden, he was claiming that he was the son of God. I can imagine that it must have been hard for them to accept this.
- Jesus was a very skilled teacher of God’s Word. After all, He is the Word.
- The Jews had a wrong idea about Jesus’ origins. They believed that he would just appear out of nowhere. They didn’t realize that He would be born as a human (v 26,27).
- Jesus kept telling his listeners that he was sent by God and that His message was not a personal one but God’s.
- They were not able to arrest Him until it was the appointed time. Jesus laid down His life. No one could kill Him unless He gave it.
- There was a lot of debate on whether Jesus was the Messiah or not. They argued that the Messiah would be a descendant of David and they didn’t realize that Jesus was actually a descendant of David. If only they had taken the time to check his genealogy. The gospels of Matthew and Luke all begin with the genealogy of Jesus.
Please comment and subscribe. And stay connected:
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. (Phillipians 3:12 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.