Daily Memory Verse: “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world (John 16:33 NLT).”
- Judges 10:7-8 NASB: “The anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and He sold them into the hands of the Philistines and into the hands of the sons of Ammon. They afflicted and crushed the sons of Israel that year; for eighteen years they afflicted all the sons of Israel who were beyond the Jordan in Gilead in the land of the Amorites.”
- Judges 10:10, 13-14, 16 NASB: “Then the sons of Israel cried out to the Lord , saying, “We have sinned against You, for indeed, we have forsaken our God and served the Baals.” Yet you have forsaken Me and served other gods; therefore I will no longer deliver you. Go and cry out to the gods which you have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your distress.” So they put away the foreign gods from among them and served the Lord ; and He could bear the misery of Israel no longer.”
- This chapter continues to tell us about two more judges who served Israel for a total of 45 years: Tola for 23 years and for 22 years.
- After this time, the Israelites went back to false gods and idols. God was very disappointed and he allowed them to be enslaved by the Philistines and Ammonites.
- You know how it’s difficult to stay angry with someone you love? This is what happened: when the Israelites were enslaved, they cried out to God for deliverance and He told them to go ask their ‘gods’ for help . In response, they put away their foreign God’s to serve God. When He saw their suffering, He could no longer bear their pain. God sees us when we are hurting. Cast your care for He cares for you.
- The chapter closes with the people trying to choose someone to lead them into battle shandy the Ammonite.
Dear God, you are slow to anger and your mercy runs so deep and high. Have mercy on me for the times I might have taken this mercy for granted. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Please comment and subscribe. And stay connected:
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. (Phillipians 3:12 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.