Daily Memory Verse: “I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose (1 Corinthians 1:10 NLT) .” http://bible.com/116/1co.1.10.NLT
- Joshua 13:1 NLT: “When Joshua was an old man, the Lord said to him, “You are growing old, and much land remains to be conquered.”
- Joshua 13:14 NLT: “Moses did not assign any allotment of land to the tribe of Levi. Instead, as the Lord had promised them, their allotment came from the offerings burned on the altar to the Lord , the God of Israel.”
- Joshua 13:33 NLT:” But Moses gave no allotment of land to the tribe of Levi, for the Lord , the God of Israel, had promised that he himself would be their allotment.”
- This chapter talks mostly about the way the land was shared among the Israelite tribes.
- However, God had set apart the Levites for Himself and they were not given any land to dwell in. He was their portion. God is our portion. He asks us not to worry about what we will eat or wear. If he can provide for birds who do not think of planting crops, he can do even more for us (Matthew 6:25-34)! Psalm 73:26 says “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
I will not worry about tomorrow because you are my portion forever more o Lord. Amen.
Please comment and subscribe. And stay connected:
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. (Phillipians 3:12 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.