My hair is chemically relaxed and I try my best to keep the interval between relaxers at least 10 weeks. One of the issues with this is that after 6 weeks, the new growth starts getting obvious. It then becomes a problem to blend the two textures (relaxed ends and new growth). I have found that some of the best ways to do this is to do:
- A blow dry and flat iron; or
- A rollerset; or
- A twist out; or
- A braidout; or
- A curlformer set.
My top pick is to do a curlformer set. The curlformer set comes in different lengths and widths. Although I also have the ‘extra-wide and long’ set, I think I prefer the ‘long and wide’ set the best: the curls I get with them are better defined.
What I like about curlformers:
- Stretches my new growth.
- Makes my hair relatively smooth and I believe that it would be easy to flat iron my hair afterwards if I wanted to.
- The produce cute curls which can be used for a special occasion.
- They create a more polished look than braidouts and twistouts in my opinion.
What I don’t like about the curlformers:
- It takes me over an hour to do my entire head myself. I’m always tired and achy when I’m done.
- After all that hard work, you would think that the curls would last forever. No, they don’t last more than a day or two.
- Gives me a headache when I leave them on more than 3 hours.
- I can’t sleep in them. I have tried to but I wake up in the middle of the night and take them off.
- You can break your hair if it gets tangled in the installation rods or when pulling your hair through the curlformer. This has happened to me at least once but it usually occurs if the section you are using is too big.
A ‘braidout’ is the hairstyle you get when you undo or take out a braid.
A ‘twistout’ is the hairstyle you get when you undo or take out your twists.
Please like, comment, share and subscribe. And stay connected:
Facebook page (Inspiration and Lifestyle) || Instagram || Pinterest || Twitter || Inspiration and Lifestyle (Periscope & Snapchat) || Hair Blog (thesizzlingmommy.com) || Medical Training Blog
This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. (1 Timothy 1:15 NLT)
© 2016 – 2018, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.
Great review, I have seen videos about them and they seemed a bit too hectic for my liking. Good to know I wasn’t imagining that part 🙂
My dear sis you weren’t imagining. It does get better with practice. 😉
The end results is to die for but I am still struggling to find my way around the curling and for them not falling out of my hair, lol.
I know right? ? it took me a while to figure it out. I’m still learning an getting better everyday.
Comments are closed.