Daily Memory Verse: “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice (Proverbs 12:15 ESV).” http://bible.com/59/pro.12.15.ESV
Proverbs 12 & 13
- Proverbs 12:4 ESV: “An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones.”
- Proverbs 12:10 ESV: “Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.”
- Proverbs 12:14,22 ESV: “From the fruit of his mouth a man is satisfied with good, and the work of a man’s hand comes back to him. Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord , but those who act faithfully are his delight.”
- Proverbs 13:11 ESV: “Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.”
- Proverbs 13:12 ESV: “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.”
- Proverbs 13:22-22, 24 ESV: “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, but the sinner’s wealth is laid up for the righteous. Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.”
Points discussed in today’s Proverbs include:
- the benefits of wisdom;
- the repercussions of foolishness;
- animal rights;
- the power of the tongue;
- laziness vs hard work;
- godly parenting.
Lord may I be humble to accept your discipline. May I also have the wisdom to discipline my children because I love them. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Please comment and subscribe. And stay connected:
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. (Phillipians 3:12 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.