Daily Memory Verse: “But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.
(2 Thessalonians 3:3) ESV.” http://bible.com/59/2th.3.3.ESV
Bible reading for the day:
- Deuteronomy 32:4 NLT: “He is the Rock; his deeds are perfect. Everything he does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright he is!”
- Deuteronomy 32:5 NLT: “But they have acted corruptly toward him; when they act so perversely, are they really his children? They are a deceitful and twisted generation.
- Deuteronomy 32:6, 13-13, 15 NLT (emphasis mine): Is this the way you repay the Lord , you foolish and senseless people? Isn’t he your Father who created you? Has he not made you and established you? He let them ride over the highlands and feast on the crops of the fields. He nourished them with honey from the rock and olive oil from the stony ground. “But Israel soon became fat and unruly; the people grew heavy, plump, and stuffed! Then they abandoned the God who had made them; they made light of the Rock of their salvation.
- Deuteronomy 32:36 NLT: “Indeed, the Lord will give justice to his people, and he will change his mind about his servants, when he sees their strength is gone and no one is left, slave or free.”
- Deuteronomy 32:31 NLT: “But the rock of our enemies is not like our Rock, as even they recognize.”
- Everything that God does is just and fair. Not some things. Not a few things. Everything.
- As children of God, He wants us to be a reflection of who He is (v 5).
- Success can make us forget/abandon God (v 15).
- Even though God had predicted the backsliding of Israel, He still made a provision to rescue them from captivity (v 36). He is merciful.
- There is no one like our God.
Please like, comment, share and subscribe. And stay connected:
This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. (1 Timothy 1:15 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.