Daily Memory Verse: “Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16 ESV).” http://bible.com/59/1co.3.16.ESV
- John 1:1-5 NLT: In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.
- John 1:12-13 ESV: But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
- John 1:42 NLT: Then Andrew brought Simon to meet Jesus. Looking intently at Simon, Jesus said, “Your name is Simon, son of John—but you will be called Cephas” (which means “Peter” ).
- Everything was created through Jesus Christ (v 5).
- He is the word of God and the light of the world (v 1,4).
- John the Baptist’s assignment was not to glorify himself but to prepare the hearts of the Israelites for Jesus’ coming (v 23).
- Unfortunately, when Jesus came, He was neither recognized nor received (v 11).
- If we do however receive Him, He makes us sons of God (v 12).
- We are born again out of the will of God (v 13).
- God had given John the Baptist a sign to know who Jesus: the Spirit of God would descend and rest upon Him (v 8-9,32)
- John 1 also describes how Jesus got his first disciples: two from John the Baptist (Andrew and possibly John the author of this Gospel), Peter, Philip and Nathanael.
- Jesus is all-knowing. He had predicted Peter’s name, from the moment He met him (v 42).
Please like, comment, share and subscribe. And stay connected:
This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. (1 Timothy 1:15 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.