I’m in the middle of searching for a ‘holy grail’ leave-in conditioner. I recently came up with a hypothesis that my hair doesn’t like products containing cetyl alcohol and cetearyl alcohol. The problem with this is that they are in 90% of all types of conditioners including deep and leave-in conditioners.
In addition, I don’t want the leave-in conditioner to contain any coconut oil because it solidifies in temperatures less than 25°C. I am of the opinion that this characteristic is disadvantageous in cold seasons because it might make your hair to feel hard as it solidifies on it.
Anyways, let me talk a little about this leave-in spray I stumbled on.
- It doesn’t contain cetyl/cetearyl alcohol and coconut oil.
- I would prefer though if it were silicone-free because silicones tend to cause buildup in your hair. Silicones are used in hair products to seal the hair cuticle and make it feel and look shiny and silky. They can also protect the hair against heating tools like hand dryers and flat irons. Although they usually end with the suffix ‘-cone’, some do not.
- Thirdly, it contains shea butter which as you probably know is solid. I don’t know if it would also make the hair hard like coconut oil if the weather is cold. I’ll find out after testing the product and come back with a review.
Full Name: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Double Care Leave-In
Size: 150 ml
For dry damaged hair. Detangles, for hair that is silky without weightdown.
Nutrition + Repair:
Nourishing Milk that nourishes and detangles hair without weighing it down.
Shine Serum enriched with fruit oils that penetrates each layer of hair. Repairs and softens hair.
Instantly detangled, your hair is silky, radiant and shiny – all in 1 easy step.
Shake well and spray on damp or dry hair as needed. Do not rinse.
Aqua/Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cl 19140/Yellow 5, Cl 15985/Yellow 6, Niacinamide, Saccharum Officinarum extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Olea Europea Oil/Olive Fruit Oil, Eugenol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-5,Trideceth-10, Polyquaternium-16, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, Limonene, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohl, Amodimethicone, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Pyridoxine HCl, Persia Gratissima Oil/Avocado Oil, Citric Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Citronellol, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamal,Parfum/Fragrance, (Fl C170095/1).
Where I bought it:
Shopper’s Drug Mart.
Price: Canadian $ 5.99 (It was on sale. The normal price is $6.99.)
I mentioned product buildup above.
- Product buildup basically refers to a gradual accumulation of hair products on your hair. It is especially common with people who don’t shampoo often, use sulfate-free shampoos and cleansing conditioners. In addition, some ingredients have a tendency to result in buildup (e.g silicones).
- Your hair feels limp, sticky and/or lifeless when it is experiencing buildup. Deep conditioners don’t work anymore on your hair.
- To get rid of buildup, you need to use a clarifying and/or chelating shampoo.
Please like, comment, share and subscribe. And stay connected:
This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. (1 Timothy 1:15 NLT)
© 2016, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.