Hello my lovely people! How are you today?
I have been following a wig regimen for the last 5 or 6 weeks. My hair is currently in a corn-row. To maintain it underneath the wigs, I try to keep it moisturized every few days. The problem is that when you have your hair in a protective style, it is quite easy to neglect it.
- Hair Moisturizer: Bee Mine juicy moisturizing daily spritz. I simply spray this on my hair once or twice a week. Not using this spray anymore because I don’t think it was hydrating enough and wasn’t very effective at detangling my hair.
- Sealing oil: Schwarzkopf Gliss BRUME MIRACLE HUILE LÉGÈRE. I spray this on after my hair moisturizer. Using a sealing oil after moisturizing your hair helps to lock in the moisture and prevent it from drying out too soon. Not using this oil anymore.
- Scalp moisturizers (and treatment): I alternate between my personal scalp Tea mix & Phyto Phytostim Fortifying Spray. These help to soothe & stimulate my scalp. I don’t use the tea mix because I don’t have the energy for concocting things as much as I used to in the past. The Phyto spray is not as effective as I hoped it would be so I don’t use it anymore either
- Scalp oil: Jamaican black castor oil & NJoy’s Hair growth oil. I alternate between these two oils. They help to soothe my scalp and prevent it from feeling too dry. They also encourage hair growth and improve thickness. Njoy oil is not readily available in Canada so it is no longer a staple product. I still use Jamaican black castor oil though.
- Deep condition: I undo the cornrows every 3 to 4 weeks. Before I do, I apply a deep conditioner to the tracks. I leave this on for about 30 minutes and lightly shampoo or co-wash it off. I undo the tracks after which I apply a leave-in conditioner, then hair oil and have it cornrowed again. I intend to keep this up till June.
What do you think about a hair regimen? Do you have one? Please comment and subscribe. And stay connected:
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. (Phillipians 3:12 NLT)
© 2016 – 2018, Foam·skee. All rights reserved.